These documents are useful to you as a purchaser:
- Assignor’s proof of title (certificate of occupancy, letter of administration, power of attorney, registered deed, purchase receipt issued to assignor when he or she purchased or any such documentary proof).
- A search report is required for the verification or confirmation of the title, the status of the title and genuineness of the documents provided by the assignor.
- If it is a land with survey , but without a C of O yet, the land information/ charting is beneficial, so you ascertain that the land is not under any restriction or Government occupation
- Assignor’s proof of compliance (if already built, approved building plan, receipt of payment of current land use charges).
- For the current conveyance (purchase receipt. deed of assignment and Form 1 C executed by the assignor).