Will attempt to answer this question very quickly and then go ahead to address the following other questions which are related:
- What are the obligations of the landlord and the tenant?
- What are the rights or a tenant?
- What are the rights of a tenant where he makes some improvements on the house?
- What is the specific length of quit notice required?
- What are the grounds for evicting tenants?
So, back to that question, IS THE LANDLORD REALLY A LORD? You know who or what a Lord is. You worship Him. He is almighty. What you may then ask is, why is the owner of a house called the land lord of that house? I can explain it. In the feudal system, a lord, so called, would own a land and his tenants became his vassals. The feudal lord had dominion over the land and the produce, together with the vassals living on that land.